Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Day of My Life.

This is today - 8 Jun 2010

7.30am Internal alarm goes off. I cannot sleep for more than 5 hours each night now.

7.35am Morning routine - the usual brush teeth/wash face routine. Spread peanut butter on honey 7-grain bread. One slice. A cup of illy coffee using the slightly cracked Bodum double wall french press. Black, no sugar. (ok, sometimes I'm lazy and opt for Supermix 3-in-1.)

7.45am Sat at my laptop and checked Dallas news, relishing the quiet moments. I heard some whimpering..the lil one is up.

7.50am Trudged to the fridge and pour out the cold milk into the milk bottle. Opened the bedroom door and as expected, arms stretched out and a whiny voice accompanied those woeful eyes 'Mummy'... Quickly changed her diapers and clothes while she drank her milk.

8.00am Popped the Char Siew country style ribs into the toaster oven and switched it to the maximum, 30 mins. A quick change of clothes.

8.15am A lil cajoling to get K out of the bed. As she pulled on her shoes, I spread another layer of char siew marinate and tuned the timer to another 30 mins.

8.25am We were finally out of the house! As we drove past the Mustangs of Las Colinas - World's largest equestrian sculpture, she started to cry as she recognised it was the way to school. Didn't want to go to school. Oh no... here we go again..

8.35am Reaches school. Crying becomes louder. Carried her into the classroom. Kissed her goodbye and left.

8.40am Chatted a lil with the school staff. Met a fellow Singaporean mummy. Chatted somemore.

8.50am Started up the car. Headed to the petrol kiosk.

9.am Full tank at USD2.48/gallon. Random thoughts on the recent report which stated that due to the surplus of oil (??!!!??), the prices will keep low in May/ Jun. Wondered why the gargantuan oil spill hasn't affected global oil prices. Or at least in USA where I am super 100% sure, are the biggest consumers of fossil fuel with all the huge guzzlers I see on the road. And of course, how they really like to rev off at the first sight of green, step on the oil to overtake just the one car when the next traffic junction is just 300m away and the lights had already turned red.

9.30am Started on the treadmill at the gym in my estate.. Moved on to weights.

10.25am Rushed home and cooked the char siew for another 15 mins. Cooked a veg dish and prepared the hub's lunchbox to go.

10.45am Paul left the house. I put in the laundry and heated up my lunch (Leftover from K's dinner yesterday). Egg noodles, cabbage and minced pork. And a slice of the char siew. Yumms.

11.15am Cleaned up. Put K's clothes into the washer. Back to the laptop to do some research on our upcoming Philly/NYC trip.

11.35am Out of the house to pick up the lil one.  No crying when I arrived.  I peeped for a min through the sliver of glass on the door. But why was she sitting on the potty by herself so quietly? K laughed when she saw me. Her little friends came up and called her name. She became protective, hugged me around the neck and said 'My mummy'. Teacher informed that she didn't eat her lunch.

12pm  We left school and went to Einstein Bro Bagels to grab a light lunch for her. She didn't like her strawberry cream thin bagel. I loved my skinny latte though.

12.30pm Played a little. Took out the laundry from the wash and popped them into the dryer. Loaded bedsheets to wash, with K's help. Gave her yoghurt and strawberries since she didn't have much at Einstein's.

12.45pm Vaccumed the house. The thick carpeting in the house made everything dusty. Wiped the carpet dust off most surfaces. K did some colouring on her own.

1.20pm Time for her nap. Brought her favourite library books into the bedroom. 'Cookie Angel' and 'Where's Wombat'. Read to her dogs. I read my book.

2pm Finally fell asleep. I transferred final batch of wet laundry into the dryer and continued with my book. Gradually fell asleep.

5pm Woke up. Changed diapers. Turned on some piano music on my ipod. Prepared her afternn fruit snacks. Today we have strawberries and blackberries. Her favourites. I ate an orange. Prepared dinner.

6pm Dinner time. Cooked noodle with soy-marinated chicken breast, spinach & prawns. Started preparations for Paul's dinner (Garlic-pork chops) to leave for overnight. K helped to beat an egg for the marinate. Cooked another batch of veg for Paul's dinner tomorrow while K ate a banana.

7.30pm Finally, kitchen is clean. Time for Kaylen's shower.

8.15pm She played princess with her towel draped around her. She learnt some hand gestures with the song '1-2-3-4-5, Once I Caught A Fish Alive' and showed them off to me. Her lyrics to the song were just '6-7-8-9-10' all the way to the end until 'The little finger on my right'. She realised her version was edited and made me sing. Five times.

8.45pm K helped to fold the laundry.

9pm Finally allowed her to watch some tv while I got her milk ready.

9.30pm Brought her coloring books and special markers into the bedroom. We colored together and talked about school. She loves the teacher but 'pushed a friend'. She had been 'pushing a friend' for about 4 weeks now. I told her she must apologise to the friend and not do it again. She nodded her head and said she understood. We sang some more songs.

10pm She whined alittle about having to put away her coloring books but offered to help me switch off the lights.

10.05pm Knocked out. I got up to finish up the book and decided to update the blog.

1.00am Paul finally reached home and wanted food. Quickly put together some dried noodles, fish cake, crabsticks, prawns & bok choy.

1.20am Heard K in the bedroom. Went to pacify her and fell asleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment